– Getting to read at BOWWOW was fantastic. Thanks so much to Queens Poet Laureate Paolo Javier for the intro and shoutouts! Diverse talent and really great things going on there – do check them out next month!
– As aforementioned, I’m making a very happy return to video interviewing! Check out the latest for SUGAR -N- THUNDER (Lefty Lucy/Miss Coney Island!) and The Bang & The Clatter (first band from our AM&A footage, Everlovin’ Savages!). More to come!
– My next reading (poetry & debuting a prose piece) is for Boundless Tales at Waltz-Astoria on October 27th! Big thanks to Aida – more info here; FB invite here.
– I’m currently looking for a small press to publish my first book of poetry and prose, from 2000 onward. Any leads, please share!
Happy Fall, ladies & gents.
I’m very excited to be reading my work alongside Queens Poet Laureate Paolo Javier and other fantastic wordsmiths at Bowery Poetry Club’s BOWWOW #9 in NYC on October 6th! Thanks so much to Paolo for the intro and Kate Russell for being so welcoming – wonderful community of writers. And of course you know I can never turn down reppin’ my home borough of Queens! Deets below, here, and on FB!
Join us Thursday, October 6th at 10pm, for a night of poetry and performance featuring New York City’s finest emerging talents. Featuring the poetry of: Paolo Javier, the Poet Laureate of Queens, Audrey Dimola, Advocate of Words, the host of the “Open Room” at the Nuyorican Poets Café, BOWWOW favorite Carina Del Valle Schorske, Sarah Feeley, and from New Haven, David Gorin.
BOWWOW’s newest contributor, Nadia Parbo, will be kicking off the night with her original poetry. The evening will include a special performance by musical guest, Tanya Betley.
$10 at the door, at the Bowery Poetry Club.We will be asking for donations to the James Haley Memorial Book Drive.
My brother Dominick and I are working together under the name The Bang & The Clatter Productions! Here is our first video – a teaser for the coverage we did of AM&A’s Astoria Music Now festival last month.
Full interview and music clips coming soon! Thanks to all the awesome artists who spoke with us that day.
Interviews by me, shot/edited by Dom.
I’m excited to have a brand new piece in indie feminist fashion magazine, Missfits!
Click here to read my essay, “Self-defeating Sisterhood,” as well as the rest of the issue. I’ve also included the text of the full version – thanks to all the ladies in my life who contributed and sounded off on this topic!
Big thanks to the fantastic Miss Maddie! Be sure to also read her blog, it’s one of my favorites.
Really excited to be doing video/interviews and production work with my two favorite guys through SUGAR -N- THUNDER and The Bang & The Clatter Productions! Stay tuned for more, we’ve got a lot in the works.
Inspired in part by the August Break project, I brought my camera with me everyday for the first week of August and below is the result! It’s amazing what you notice once you have a camera in your hand… All photos by me, unedited.
love one another, 2011; long island city, queens.
I wanted to add a blog section to my portfolio site, so here it is! Let’s start with some recent updates from the past few months:
– I posted a new prose and photos piece called ‘requiem (soon to be)’ – it’s my kind of written moment of silence for a local building on the chopping block.
– I’m preparing my first collection of poetry and prose for release! Details to come – it will include work from 2000 onward.
– My friend Liz Nieves (of glitter unicorn) and I founded in bloom collective and our debut event was at Astoria’s Hell Gate Social as part of Queens Art Express!
– in bloom was featured in The Q Note 6/13/11, and Resonate TV did an intro video featuring interviews with in bloom’s founders and footage from A Summer Night’s’ Dream – watch it here! Resonate TV also filmed me interviewing the local bands that played that night in a second video.
– I’ve been experimenting with 5-word poem prompts and blackout poetry.
– My ‘Citibank Light Waterfall’ photo was published in the May issue of LIC Courier Magazine – check it out!
– I helped the new local arts organization LIC Arts Open to jumpstart their website and social media in the months leading up to their first festival. Like them on Facebook and stay updated with what they’ve got planned.
– SUGAR -N- THUNDER is also being updated with a lot of fun stuff and some very cool collabs and content are always on the way.